Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Remembering who we are in Christ

I have come to the conclusion that spending time with God daily is one of the most important things you can do. 

Without TRUTH from God, its SO easy to forget. To forget who you are and what you were made for.Without memorizing God's truth, its SO easy to believe the devil's lies, the world's lies.


James 1:23
23 For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. 24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. 25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.


If we listen to what God says and put it into practice in our lives, we combat the enemy.

But I know that if I don't spend time in God's word and with Him, I forget what He says.


Because I don't want to forget who I am. But more importantly, I don't want to forget WHOSE I am. 


I was watching the Bible series on TV and the ways I saw Jesus interacting with people literally brought me to tears a couple of times. The tax collector, the woman caught in adultery, the leper, all who devalued themselves because of their situation, or what they had done, or what life had handed them. 


And Jesus gave them their identity back, He gave them their value back. No longer were they categorized by any of those things, Jesus identified them as God's child, a valuable human being, full of worth.


To pursue me even when I didn't want Him. Though I turned my back on Him, He NEVER turned His back on me, not for a single second. I want the constant reminder that the way God views me never changes, I'm secure in my identity with Him. I don't want to keep forgetting that.

There is not a lie the devil can throw at you, that God does not give you a truth for. 


Every lie, every doubt, every fear, there is always reassurance and truth in the word of God. 


Sometimes though, even if I do spend time with Him in the morning, by afternoon I feel the lies creeping their way back in. And thats where memorizing God's truth is especially necessary.




I want the constant reminder that I have a God who loves me enough to pursue me.
When I'm doubting and unsure, I want to remember my God who pursues me. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! Especially the question mark vs. period graphic!!!

    ReplyDelete