Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Trusting God


I’m realizing that what is at the root of fear, is trust, or actually a lack of trust.

I’ve always had trust issues. My personality says, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” This le
ads me to seek God, begging to be given greater faith. 

Can I really trust that your plan for my life is better than the one I have for myself?

Can I really trust that your definition of the word, ‘safe’ is not only different than mine, but truly better than mine?
                                                                                                                    
I am a visual person and sometimes it gets hard to believe what I can’t see.

The Lord says, “Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.” I want to be that person.

I know God has so much grace for this little heart of mine. So much grace running over these questions, doubts, and fears.

I often find myself apologizing to God for not being perfect. For not having faith to move mountains, for feeling as though I have to protect myself because He wont. Apologizing for the lies I believe.

What I hear God saying to me is, “Oh Katie. Just get out of the boat. Right now I’m not asking you to take a sky diving leap of faith. Just put one foot in front of the other and trust me to lead the way.”

I think trust is a decision. Not so much a feeling as it is a concise decision that you make every single day.

And so I’m going to wake up every morning and make that decision to trust Jesus all over again. To blindly follow Him because He is good and He knows where I’m going.

I said that it gets hard to believe what I can’t see, but there is so much that I can see. I see God’s goodness every day, in His creation and in the people He has surrounded me with. I see His goodness in the redemptive work He has done in my life. I see God in all the things He has done.

While reading the book of Ezra I was impressed by Ezra’s prayer. He thanked the Lord for all the good things He had done for his people and he named them one by one.
I’m sure this was a helpful reminder for Ezra of God’s faithfulness and trustworthiness.

God has been so abundantly faithful in my life and I am putting down some memorial stones. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice, this is a good one! Thanks for being open!

    ReplyDelete